http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/190/asInline.html

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Traffic Lights

A few weeks ago I was sitting at a traffic light on my way to soccer practice and I was thinking to myself "Come on people drive faster and let our lane go, I'm gonna be late!" Right then I realized maybe other people are in a rush or on their way to something much more important than I am.. Then this past weekend as my family and I were on our way to my grandmothers funeral we were coming really close to being late. I realized that when I was heading to soccer, it really wasnt something crucial. Then it came back to me everyday people are in situations that are way more important than our own sometimes. I had to remind myself a few times that I am not the only one here. Now when I am going to be late to something not that important I think of my family on the way to the funeral and it makes me want to let those kind of people go before me. Taking the time to think about others and not just myself really hits home in situations like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment